A wheelchair ramp is a very practical as well as cost-effective solution that greatly improves the lifestyle of individuals with limited mobility.
It allows the users to gain their freedom and independence as they navigate various areas in their home. Today there are a large number of wheelchair ramps available on the market including telescopic, portable, suitcase, single fold, custom and modular.
Wheelchair Ramps - The Benefits
If you are planning on getting a ramp installed on your property, you should consider using modular ramps. These are easy to install, strong, resilient, durable and cost-effective. There are a large number of benefits to getting a wheelchair ramp for your home, such as:
- Ease of navigation - Not every home is designed to provide easy access to people with disabilities. Those who use wheelchairs can sometimes find it very difficult to navigate high door thresholds and similar obstacles in doorways. Wheelchair ramps are specifically designed to cover these types of obstacles. They allow wheelchair users to easily glide over the ramps and move around comfortably in their home from one room to anothe
- Easy Entry Into The Home - If a house has stairs leading up to its front door, a wheelchair user can find it very challenging to navigate these. In most cases, a caretaker or family members would have to assist the person enter a house via a different route. In the absence of another entry into the home, the person may have to be carried over the steps. Depending on someone else to enter and exit the house can impact the person's sense of freedom, and curb their independence. Installing a modular ramp is one of the best ways to solve this problem.
- When Independence Matters - Every wheelchair user wants to be independent, and able to navigate in as well as out of their home, without any assistance. As mentioned earlier, installing ramps in various areas of the home can provide wheelchair users the independent lifestyle they seek. Even as they get their independence to move freely, these ramps provide safe access to the outdoor spaces. This gives wheelchair users the freedom to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air without having to depend on anyone else.
- Run Errands On Their Own - A wheelchair ramp that has been installed in a house can give the person the freedom to run errands such as going to their mailbox, going grocery shopping or running other errands.
- Privacy- When a wheelchair-bound person has to be dependent on somebody else to help them navigate out of their home or into it, they lose their privacy, in their own home. A ramp installation can help them live a private life.
- Safety On Rainy Days - When wheelchair users have to navigate the grassy areas of their front yard, it can prove to be very challenging to avoid water puddles. Avoiding this area entirely on rainy days helps prevent the wheels of the wheelchair from becoming stuck in the mud. A modular wheelchair ramp provides a very safe solution to this quandary.
How To Choose The Best Wheelchair Ramp
As you can see, there are a number of different benefits to getting a wheelchair ramp installed in the outdoor areas of your home. However, it is also important to make sure that you choose the right product. Since this feature will be exposed to the elements, you need to make sure that the materials would be able to withstand climatic changes and exposure to the elements,
We at Adapta provide Colorbond sheet metal ramps in various styles and designs. You have the flexibility to choose something that suits the layout of your property, as well as your personal preferences. For more information about our ramp systems, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at Adapta. You can call 1800 232 782 or contact us through this form.