Disability ramps are a necessary installation on commercial properties
Disability ramps are a necessary installation on commercial properties. They are required to provide easy access to customers, clients or any of the people that visit your business or commercial building. Since commercial settings tend to see more traffic, it becomes important to ensure that any feature you get installed there, needs to be of the highest quality. It should be able to withstand heavy use without becoming damaged or impacted within a short time.
Since a wheelchair ramp will be installed outside the entryways and exit points, the feature may be exposed to the elements. This also means you need to make sure that the material used is weather-resistant and will not be affected by climatic changes.
Some Facts About Colorbond Material Ramps
Keeping all these aspects in view, it’s a good idea to opt for wheelchair ramps like the ones that we at Adapta offer. Our products are made from Colorbond steel and are highly resilient.
What is Colorbond?
This is a coated steel material that’s manufactured by Bluescope steel. The sheets manufactured by this company are popularly used for roofing. This material is highly resilient and is able to withstand exposure to the elements. If you are considering getting a wheelchair ramp installed on your property, this is a good material option for you. Let’s take a look at what makes ramps made of Colorbond an ideal choice for commercial buildings:
- Flexibility– This material has a lightweight design even as it is very resilient. It can be used for wheelchair ramps of various shapes and sizes, with the right kind of support provided. This saves a significant amount of money on engineering cost while allowing for a very desirable aesthetic.
- Resilience– Colorbond is also fire-resistant, and the metal is non-combustible which makes it a very safe material to use in wheelchair ramp structures. This sheeting is also far easier to seal effectively against potential embers or sparks.
- Termite-Resistant– It is resistant to a variety of insects including termites. Today, termites have become one of the most dreaded pests in Australia and cause a significant amount of damage to wooden structures in buildings. If you get a wooden ramp installed, it can become infected by termites.
In fact, a termite infestation that builds in a wooden ramp can also eventually spread to the rest of your building and damage the wooden features there. The sheets that we use in our ramp systems are impervious to termite attacks.
- Rot-resistant-Unlike materials such as timber, Colorbond doesn’t become impacted by mould, rot, and mildew. This means the feature will last for a number of years, providing you a good return on investment.
- Good Traction-When you get a ramp installed, you are required to ensure that the surface is slip-resistant, in order to avoid any accidents. The modular ramp systems that we make using Colorbond have slip-resistant surfaces and are in line with DDA regulations.
Adapta Wheelchair Ramps
We at Adapta offer a wide range of wheelchair ramp styles and variants and you can choose from different access options and colours etc. You have complete flexibility when getting disability ramps installed on your commercial property. When you opt for our solutions you are assured of top-notch products and outstanding customer service.