The elderly and people with disabilities often feel the need to make various areas of their homes more accessible
When the time finally comes, it may be a wise choice to get a disability ramp installed on your property.
When you start looking for these features, you will find there are a large number of products available on the market. Some of these are more permanent in nature and would be heavy structures that need a very solid base support etc.
Lightweight Disability Ramps- The Benefits
However, not all homes have ideal outdoor and indoor spaces where these types of ramps would work. This is where manual, lightweight disability ramps come into the picture. These features open up the world for individuals with limited mobility and there are a number of benefits to opting for them such as:
- They can significantly improve the confidence levels and quality of life for the elderly or disabled.
- The person feels a greater sense of independence as he or she doesn’t have to rely on a family member or caretaker to move around the indoor and outdoor areas of their home.
- In some settings, the zoning laws may not permit installation of a permanent disability ramp and these lightweight variants become the ideal option.
- Installation of these features is easy and doesn’t take a lot of planning.
- It is possible to install manual lightweight disability ramps in tight spaces.
- These features come in a number of layouts and designs. You can choose from various widths and lengths based on the amount of space available on your property.
- Not every house has sufficient outdoor space for an elaborate and detailed disability ramp. In situations such as these, a manual lightweight disability ramp becomes the perfect solution.
- These ramps are considerably more affordable than permanent features with handrails and posts.
- They have a simple design that does not mar the architectural features of your home.
- Since they are light and not permanent installations, it is possible to relocate the ramps very easily if required.
- While these disability ramps are lightweight, they are quite resilient and durable.
- Since the top sheets are pressed and bent, it considerably increases their rigidity and strength.
- The aluminium construction and drilling help reduce the weight of the feature.
- All good quality lightweight disability ramps have a non-slip surface, which is a very important feature with reference to the safety aspect.
- Since the ramp platform’s anchoring points require minimal structural modifications to fit against a vehicle or structure, it helps avoid significant floor reinforcement.
- Once all the fixation points have been set, removal & reinstallation of these lightweight disability ramps doesn’t take more than a few minutes.
- The features also come with specially designed quick release fasteners that prevent inadvertent unfolding.
- While these ramps are built to DDA guidelines, they have a good floor clearance, making them ideal for outdoor spaces in areas that get higher precipitation.
Opt For Good-Quality, Lightweight Disability Ramps
If the access points to your home have tall curbs, a lightweight disability ramp might be the ideal choice for that setting. Standard in-floor ramps may not be a good fit, because these features often can’t go over steep gradients or tall curbs. In comparison, lightweight disability ramps have a lower angle than permanent ramp options and allow you to access these spaces with ease.
If you want to know more about our disability ramps and the various options on offer, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Adapta. You can call 1800 232 782 or contact us through this form and one of our representatives will contact you shortly.